Kayaking In The Fog

Early morning today as I got up to meet my parents before they caught the ferry.  It was really nice to have them here.

I came home and packed some gear then a friend and I headed to the West Side of San Juan Island to San Juan County Park to get on the water.  Kayaking in the fog is so much fun.  The views of the island are beautiful blanketed in heavy sheets of fog.  Heading out off shore it hard to tell where water starts and the air begins.  Everything is so gray.  There were lots of seals out playing around and a variety of sea birds.  One of my spotlights today was the sight of Ancient Murrelets.  There was a group of four and they kept popping up right next to the kayaks.  I was lucky and they came up several times before I moved on.  I wish I would have tried to take a photo as I do not see them very much.  All in all it was a great day to be on the water.  The conditions were perfect, no wind and small tides.  Here a the few images I took. Click on images to view larger.


This was taken as we headed out of Small Pox Bay at San Juan Co Park.  I am pointed towards Vancouver Island.


Looking back at Small Pox Bay.


Breaking away from the shoreline and heading out to catch the ebb.


Flat water and dense fog. Beautiful.  Need I say more.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Lots of fog, calm seas, and no wind. Thanks for posting.

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review