San Juan Island Sunshine

A beautiful day on San Juan Island today.  Very little wind and lots of sun, though the temperature was a bit cold.  After getting some of my work done on the computer today.  I decided it was time to get out of the house.  I thought I might go for a run, but was in a really mellow mood, so a walk was the answer.  Loaded Guinness (my dog) in the Previa and headed out.  

First I went down to Cattle Pass to see if there were any birds or sea lions feeding in the area. There was not much going on.  You could see Mt. Rainier in the distance, always a clue it is a super clear day.  We walked along the shore and I would spy across the water with my bino's in search of any wildlife that might be passing along.  I just enjoyed the nice scenery and took in the sun.

I walked along the bluff above South Beach looking out towards the Olympic Mountains.  There were only a few birds to be seen on the water.  It seems I had my most luck driving to the locations for my walk.  I saw lots of Bald Eagles, a hand full of Red Tailed Hawks and a few fox. But while I was walking I only saw 1 Red Tailed Hawk, but it was making a kill.  So it was a great encounter to watch, oh the cycle of life.

Speaking of the cycle of life, for those of you who are interested.  February 12th  is Charles Darwin's 200th birthday anniversary.  A man who pushed the theory on Natural Selection and brought the term Evolution to forefront of science.  Over time Darwin's theory has only gained more validity.  With increased technology and experimental processes.  Darwin's theory of Natural Selection proves itself to be one of the greatest theories and help to science today.  In controversy with other beliefs on adaptation and the creation of new species.  Charles Darwin has offered the only sound and scientific route to this process.  To learn more about Darwin Day, please visit http://www.darwinday.org/.

Please note the above paragraph are my personal views and are not represented to take away from anyone else beliefs.  I respect everyone opinion.  So if you disagree with my opinion please feel free to comment, but be respectful!

Now for a few photos from my day.


If you click on the image you can view it larger.  Mt. Baker in the distance with lots of snow.


A closer view of Mt. Baker.  It was a really beautiful day.


I was actually on my way home and saw the clouds over the water and I had to stop.  I made my way down to the shore and took this one image.  To me it has a nice feel to it.  The mountains you see are the Olympics.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review