Great Day on the Water

Today was an ambitious day as I had plans to locate and crawl into a cave, then go kayaking.  It turned out to be pretty easy.  The cave was full of water so I was not able to enter.  There is so much water running off the hillsides here.  I am not sure how long it will be before the water has drained.  I will just have to keep checking.  I hope to try and locate some more local caves on the San Juan Island and Orcas Island. 

Kayaking was next on the list.  It was a nice day.  Not too cold, a bit of fog and no wind.  Lyle and I unloaded kayaks, suited up and took off.  Pretty quite out there today.  We were the only ones on the water and other than a bird and a few seals, that is all we saw.  Bald Eagles seemed to be the most common sight of the day.  

Here is a list of birds from the day.

*Bald Eagles *White Wing Scooter *Common Merganser
*Buffleheads *Kingfisher *Harlequin Ducks
*Double Crested Cormorants *Ruddy Turnstone (surprised to see)

After the day paddle Lyle and I came home and started to brew our first batch of home brew. I'll have to let you know about that later.  It has been a funny process of so far.  Seems we have a problem with the brew pot boiling over.  Smells Great!

Here are a few pics from today.


Here is the small entry to the cave.  I know it does not look like it but it is big enough for me to get through.  But it was full of water.  I hope to get in as soon as the water recedes.


Getting ready to have some fun.


Harbor Seals checking us out.


Lyle is rocking his new dry suit.


Kind of a gray day.  But the water conditions were great.


Good Night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review