Meditative Run

A much needed run today.  There are many reason I run.  Some have to do with fitness, but that is really not much of why I like to run.  For me it is a time of day to take in fresh air.  To maximize the potential air flow through my body.  It's very cleansing.  It also is a wonderful time to unload mental stress or other stresses you may have built up.  Being outside can become more of a spiritual outlet if you allow yourself to connect with your surroundings.  San Juan Island is a wonderful place to connect to you surroundings.  From mountain views and amazing water views. There is an amazing abundance of natural beauty here.  So today I used my outdoor venture and run as a release.  A way of letting out what troubles the mind and breath in fresh ideas and thoughts.  

Today shaped up to be a beautiful day.  The sun came out and the temperature was moderate. A very light breeze and views of mountain and calm waters.  The forecast for the weekend is not looking so nice.  Cold, windy and a chance of snow.



So as you can see today was the day to get out for a run.  I am sure I will get out and play if we get some snow.  But it will be much colder than today.

Well I have a few pictures to share with everyone.  Still shooting with my old digital camera. I am still waiting to hear from Pentax.

I drove to South Beach to take the pictures.  It was the closest place for me to park and get a few photos before dark.  I just got finished running.


Here you can see the moon coming up.  Just minutes before I was running along the tree line coming down the hill.


Lets not forget my partner in crime.  Guinness (aka Guinny Pig, Guin, and G-Dog).

It was overall a pretty slow day.  Started with a long phone call that ended as about as good as our economy.  Then me going on a cleaning rampage in the house, a little guitar playing and the rest of the time was spent running around with Guinness in the woods.  

Hope everyone is having a good night.

I will be a the Discovery Sea Kayak shop tomorrow.  We are open from noon to 5pm.  So if you need any gear it is all on sale.  Stop by and say hi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review

San Juan Island Kayak Season