A Small Post Today

Today I woke to sad news of my Grandmother passing.  It is sad for me to be so far from family during times like this.

Last night I made plans to do some hiking with my buddy Jesse and decided it was best to just get out there.  I met up with him and we headed to an area known as Sugar Loaf.  It was an amazing hike.  Red Tailed Hawks soaring along the steep terrain and sounds of Barred Owls calling to each other.  Old Madrona Trees and Douglas Firs stood strong in the earth.  The density of the clouds was thick but comforting.  Spending time in the woods was great, having a good friend along to chat with made it even better.  We sat and looked over the landscape out toward the sea.  Relaxing and peaceful is the best wasyto describe the scene.  As we started our return, we made our way down a steep gully.  It was amazing, it looked like water used to flow heavily at one time.  Now covered with crumbled boulders and fallen trees.  We picked our way along and saw some wonderful parts of nature there.  Strange enough, I took many pictures and when I got home there were no images recorded for the day.  I checked the space on the SD card and there was plenty of spcae and no images.  I did a few test shots and all worked fine.  Maybe today I was suppose to enjoy the view for myself, I don't know. But I do not have any images to share from my day.

I hope the peace which I was able to touch today is a sign of the peace felt by my Grandmother. She will be missed by many.  I send love home to my Mother and family.

Jason.

Comments

Penny said…
"Maybe today I was suppose to enjoy the view for myself, I don't know. But I do not have any images to share from my day.

I hope the peace which I was able to touch today is a sign of the peace felt by my Grandmother. "

I know it will not compare and even sound a bit hoaky, but I told you the other day when the eagle died in my arms it was okay. I felt the peace of him leaving us behind.

Your family will be in my heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review