A Wonderful Day On The Water

Today I was lucky to have the chance to be out on the water, but this time I was in a power boat. I got a call from Robin and she was heading out to do some sampling for her research.  She is currently at the University of Washington Friday Harbor Laboratory.  I was more than happy to go spend time, see the islands, and enjoy good company.  Yea who would say no?

We buzzed around to her sampling site and collected what we needed.  Every turn there was beauty to be seen.  The water was so calm it was hard to believe.  Mt. Baker and the Olympic Mountains stood high in the distance.  It was truly beautiful!  There is no place on earth I would have rather been.  Mergansers skimming the top of the water as the flew by.  Auklets dive in search of food. Harbor seals lumber along the surface of the water.  Eagles perched high in tree tops. Really do I need to keep going.  I think you can understand what I am saying.  

The most exciting part was being stopped by Coast Guard.  Not really sure why they stopped us, but we were the only boat on the water.  I guess that is there job.  It was a friendly exchange and we were on our way.  But if you were there is was a bit more comical.

Though I was not in a kayak today gliding soundless along the shore.  It is fun to be able to move quickly to other part of the islands.  The cool air in your face and the smell of salt in the air.  It really puts a smile on my face.

I want to say thanks to Robin for a fun afternoon.

ANYWAY;)
Here are a few pics:



Heading out you can see Mt. Baker in the distance.


Robin and Mt. Baker


Nudibranch and Sea Star at the docks.


Flat water!


Heading home..  What a view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review