Calm Waters

This weekend has been beautiful.  Yesterday I was on the water with a couple that came up from Portland Or.  They were really nice folks and we had a great day on the water.  I forgot to grab my camera when I left the house so I do not have any pics of the trip.  But the water was FLAT calm. The winds were light and the tides were small so the water was perfect.  There were no other kayaks on the water and few power boats past by.  We had great view of Bald Eagles and even got the see the Peregrine Falcon pair.  As we neared the Lime Kiln Lighthouse a lone Elephant Seal popped up. An adult male!  He was a big guy and was only around 50 yards away.  He looked at us for a moment and then simply ignored us.  It was a really nice view, wish I had my camera.

Today I went out to help my buddy get a boat load of people over to Yellow Island.  He has a new high speed inflatable that he uses to do Wildlife Tours.  After beaching and dropping the people off we went for a little ride.  Taking off and reaching a top speed of 36 knots, FUN!  We did a few tight turn maneuvers and that we even more FUN! It was time then to go enjoy the calm water and wildlife. Harbor Porpoise seemed to have been everywhere we looked.  A Stellar Sea Lion made quick surface and then disappeared.  Plenty of Bald Eagles were in the area flying around. It was a nice time to be on the water.  When I left the house there was the cool smell of spring in the air.  On the water there was the amazing smells of the ocean. It was a nice way to start the day.  I am off the teach kayak lessons at 430 today. So I am going to keep this short.  I do have a few photos from the boat ride today.


Amazing how calm the water was today.

Spieden Island.  A few wild sheep grazing the hillside.

A view of Green Point.

Cruising around enjoying the nice weather and calm water conditions.

Could if be any nicer?  Really!

Not the best view.  But I really like the little red boat.

We were leaving port and this beautiful boat was in the harbor.  A mother ship from Glacier Bay AK.  An amazing vessel.

ANYWAY, I hope all is well in your world today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review