Friday Harbor Bike Rentals

It has been awhile since my last post. So I thought I would write a bit on the latest happenings.

Spring has arrived on San Juan Island and I am back to work early this season. Kayak tours kicked off a bit sooner than normal this year. I assume the lack of good snow in the mountains and the early sunshine has something to do with it.

So with Spring here we (Discovery Sea Kayaks) are open and running kayak tours. This is a great time to visit San Juan Island for a kayak tour. With less people on island there is a very charming small town feel. On the water the wildlife encounters can vary. Some days you might encounter killer whales other days watch as a pair of eagle fly over head.

Last season we started renting bikes from our shop in downtown Friday Harbor. Our location is perfect for walking on the ferry and then renting a bike when you arrive in town. Being in the heart of town and close to the ferry makes it easy. I have all the bikes clean and ready to be rented.

This season we are adding more bikes to the rental fleet and we are also adding a few electric assist bikes from Felt. They are fitted with the Bosch eDrive electric engine. These bikes are lots of fun and can cover a lot of road in a hurry.

We finalized a bit of remodeling to the shop as well. Last season a driver jumped the curb and hit the front of our building. This season all is fixed and we added double doors to the front of the building. I also worked to get a bike mechanic area setup in the shop. So if you are on the island and in need of a simple fix or simply need spare tubes or other bike accessories, we will have what you need.

I am very excited about the season. By the end of next week we will have 3 of our top guides back in town. In May we will have a few new guides going through training and getting ready for the season. Living and working a seasonal life has been a wonderful experience. Being able to spend time with people who are here to spend time outdoors and on the water has always been fulfilling. These days I am in the shop more than on the water but I still cannot complain. I am surround by great staff and get to live in a beautiful area. Plus my job is sharing the beauty of the San Juan Islands with you.

The winter months passed by this year without me traveling to SE Asia to mountain bike with my friends at Mad Monkey Downwhill. Unfortunately,  just before I was to travel I was injured in a mountain bike accident. But the winter was still wonderful. I had the opportunity to travel to Hawaii and do a little road biking. Then to the southern US where I was able to enjoy a lot of the new trail systems built over the past few years.

But now I am back home on San Juan and most days can be found sitting at the shop. Stop in of a visit if you are in town. We are located at 260 Spring St, Friday Harbor Washington.

Visit the website https://www.discoveryseakayak.com/ if you are interested in reserving a San Juan Island kayak tour with Discovery Sea Kayaks or if you want to rent a bike in Friday Harbor.

Hope everyone out there is looking forward to the summer and planing all those summer adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review

San Juan Island Kayak Season