Kayaking Days on San Juan Island

The past week was really busy for us here at Discovery. But we are seeing a bit of a slow start to this week. I unfortunately have a cold now and I am not too happy about it. It is never fun to have a stuffy head when the weather is sunny and warm. The weather has been pretty good for us over the past week. We had a bit of wind but over all it has been pretty nice out. Between getting on the water to run a Day Tours I was busy getting vans to pick up locations and back to be unloaded and back out to get others. It was a fun week of musical vans!

Yesterday I decided to head out and have a little kayak time without paying guest. My roommate came with me and we had a nice day messing about on the water. It was really calm out, which is not always the best when we are out looking to have a little fun. Though a few large cargo ships passed by and we were able to play around in a some rock with the waves hitting the shore.

Last night I went out to a buddy's birthday party with some friends of mine. It was a nice time but I was fading fast due to the cold. We loaded up and went back to one of my friends house and relaxed there. All in all a pretty wonderful day and night.

Here are a few photos of my day.


Here you can see Lyle in a sweet kayak I just bought. Sorry for the dark image.

Looking to the north along the coast of San Juan Island.

Pig Roast! My buddy Tawm had a great party with love music and a roasted pig! Lots of fun and good music!


A few folks enjoying the sun, drinks, music and great food!

Oh the rough life of living on San Juan Island.

Well that is all I have for now. Other than trying to fight off this cold things on island are great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astral Greenjacket Review

Morning Kayak Lessons

Seward G3 Passat Kayak Review